Pain Science Webinar Series
Help Your Clients in Pain
Here’s the replay if you missed it, or if you want to watch it again. In this webinar, I cover the 5 most essential things you need to know if you’re working with a student or a client who is in pain, with practical pain-reducing solutions that you can start using right away.
PAIN SCIENCE FULL COURSE
Learn Cutting Edge Concepts
Quantum Leap Pain Science is a 5-hour online course that will to give you the confidence and skills to work with students and clients in pain by teaching you the latest advancements in pain science. You’ll be able to teach anyone who walks into your yoga class, workshop or gym, and develop a reputation as a skilled, trustworthy teacher who can handle anyone that comes your way.
What it is:
Quantum Leap Pain Science is a 5-hour online webinar designed to give you the confidence and skills to work with students and clients who have pain by teaching you the latest advancements in pain science.
Pain is a complicated and evolving topic, and understanding the various mechanisms, the difference between acute and chronic pain, and how to make safe choices will enhance your ability as a movement teacher and increase the scope of clients that you can work with.
DO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING THOUGHTS SOUND FAMILIAR?
- “Working with clients who are in pain scares me – it feels too complicated!”
- “I don’t think I know enough to work with someone who has chronic pain.”
- “Working with someone in pain seems like it’s beyond the scope of my role as a teacher.”
- “I don’t want to work with someone in chronic pain – what if I make it worse?”
HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO FEEL THIS WAY INSTEAD:
- I feel prepared to work with someone who has chronic pain – it’s not scary to me
- I have the tools and techniques I need to make sure I can keep them safe
- I can to work with anyone who comes into my class or wants a private session, or I can determine if I should refer them out
- My skills and knowledge set me apart from other teachers
Who I am:
I’m Sarah, and I’m a Doctor of Physical Therapy, the creator of Quantum Leap, and a Yoga Teacher Trainer. I teach public workshops, anatomy for 200 and 300 hour yoga teacher trainings, and online continuing education for all movement teachers. I developed and teach my Quantum Leap continuing education program to make sophisticated movement science easy for movement teachers to understand and put to use in their work. Most of the time, you can find me practicing physical therapy at Postureworks in Santa Monica.
- – anatomy of the nervous system: brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves, and how they work together
- – old model versus new model of how we experience pain
- – mechanism of acute pain: what is its purpose, and how does it protect us
- – the differences between acute pain and chronic pain – useful versus not useful pain
- – how chronic pain creates body-wide systemic changes to maintain a pain cycle
- – interdependence and hierarchy of body systems – how your body decides what is most important
- – the biopsychosocial model of human experience
- – when pain can come from non-musculoskeletal sources, and how to know if that’s happening
- – pain red flags – when to refer a client out to a clinician
- – a variety of techniques to safely work with clients with chronic pain